Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Image?



This picture means that I've taken off the html training wheels and I'm riding my little blogger bicycle all the way to New York City by myself!

The photo is of a fountain titled the Triumph of Good over Evil outside a cathedral off Broadway. I was on sensory overload and don't remember the name of the cathedral or the street, but I loved the fountain. (I hope someone will straighten out my NYC geography.)

A few minutes later, my friend Barbara and I were walking toward the subway when we passed a couple of black men going in our direction. One was pushing the other in a wheelchair. As we passed them, we overheard one say to the other, "God said, 'I'm going to smite your bad ass.'"

Barbara and I looked at each other and came up with the same reaction: it was probably pretty close to Ezekiel's message.

No comments: