Monday, May 03, 2004

A game

Tag from Pensate Omnia:

Here are the rules:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 23.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.

And the winner is:

"By ten, the clientele was solid black and the cute redheaded piano player came down without her sheet music and played soul on and off until two A.M."

From Elmore Leonard's Ryan's Rules, the first hitchhiking Bookcrossing book I've ever picked up.

I like Leonard's crime fiction. Get Shorty was a comic caper movie about a small-time hood trying to get into show business. Ryan's Rules is about a couple of smart and capable robbers. I haven't gotten far enough into it to know where he's going or whether I like this one, but I closed my eyes and reached into my pile and that's the one that surfaced.

What's yours?

No comments: