Thursday, May 13, 2004

Insights from the Profile page

The New! and Improved! Blogger! has added a profile page, which provides a piece of information that is at once encouraging and scary:

In the 7-8 months I've written this blog (since October '03), I've posted 52,932 words in 196 posts. If it were a novel, I'd be halfway through the first draft (they're not all my words, though; many are quotes, but still . . . .).

Encouraging, because it shows that with the same amount of effort I put into the blog (varies, but manageable), I'd make good progress on fiction.

Scary, because I haven't. The blog writing is good for me; publishing every day is good; the immediate feedback and learning the importance of expressing opinions boldly has been good.

Now I need to focus on efficiency.

No comments: