Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Lime Coke, Subaru, Apple

Not necessarily in that order.

Heads up, bloggers, the marketers are listening for information about your take on products and services they have for sale.

At first I thought it was creepy, like marketing stalkers, but on the other hand, I could hold for two hours listening to really bad music from the '80s punctuated by a recording that "your call is very important to us, and we're going to prove it by keeping you here for a long, long time," or I can put it on my blog and the company will pay $30k to $100k per year to find out what I think. And I don't get any tiresome bulk mail telling me that my opinion is very important to them. If my opinion is important, the company will change the product.

Or if they're the companies in the headline of this post, they'll keep on doing pretty much what they're doing.

Oh, and ISPs? When I chose SpiritOne, I called customer service and went with the company that didn't make me wait. Just in case you were wondering.

I feel so empowered.

No comments: