Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Stassen recants

I won't even pretend to hate telling you I told you so.

New figures out from the Alan Guttmacher Institute, the research arm of Planned Parenthood, shows that abortions have decreased under Pres. Bush.

Late last year, Leftist Christian and abortion advocate Glenn Stassen did a loosy-goosy study that purported to prove that abortions had risen under the first pro-life president in a decade and one of the two most reliable pro-life presidents in history. The newer study explains what Stassen did wrong, and Stassen himself acknowledges, "They say their results are only estimates, projections, but I believe their results are significantly better than what I could have obtained seven months ago."

Nice. Too bad this statement isn't going to get the same currency as the earlier one. Within the past week I read a letter to the editor from some Leftist Catholic saying that the abortion rate has gone up under Bush as if it's a solid statistic.

As the wise man said (shorthand for I didn't make it up, but I don't recall who did): Lies run around the world while the truth is getting its boots on.

But good on AGI for honest reporting and Stassen for admitting his error.

UPDATE: A version of this post is also available at Blogger News Network.

No comments: