Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Barney aids crime fighters in U.K.

Aye, laddie, I'd been on White House duty for a little over four years, and the Missus had given me a new assistant to train, when I got a call from Northumbria Police.

They had seen my work in hunting terrorist cells among the White House staff and checking the Christmas tree for explosives in 2003 -- the big white ball was especially suspicious, but I got it out of the house and dealt with it. Christmas 2004, I had to do a training run on a kidnapping. I handled it pretty well, if I do say so myself, and the word got around.

The Northumbrian lad said they needed some new technology to deal with similar situations over there. The Big Guy was out of the country, and I was on my own four feet for a while. I shipped them a couple of Barney-cams.

They were quite grateful, but what could I say? Anything for Scotland Yard.

No comments: