Monday, July 25, 2005

A Quiet Weekend

I spent the weekend at the aptly named Hideaway Lake in the wilds of Clackamas County where a few days without phones, computers, electricity or even running water cleared all the normal jabber-jabber out of my head.

It's coming back now, after a day of work and talk and traffic and news, but in the interim, here are a few thousand words' worth of my weekend vacation:

Shellrock Lake.JPG
We camped near Hideaway Lake and walked a mile to Shellrock Lake. I'm not sure which one is in this photograph.

Indian pipe.JPG
I thought this was an Indian pipe, but now I'm not sure.
Yellow flower.JPG
Scientific name: sparky little yellow flower.
Valley of the Clackamas.JPG
In the distance, the valley of the Oak Grove Fork of the Clackamas River.
Huckleberries.JPG
Bears love huckleberries.
Fire.JPG
At the end of a long day, there's nothing like relaxing by the fire with the manual to your new camera.
Mount Hood.JPG
Mount Hood from near High Rock.

No comments: